I'm bouncing in my chair at Internet Librarian 2011 right now, listening to Cindy Romaine--current SLA President--and Meryl Cole talk about the project. 365 in the name = a blog post a day related to being "future ready." I can't wait to start reading through the posts. Sounds like a lot of their thinking and dreams parallel a lot of MNFLI's thinking and dreams. I like seeing that. I like that they balance between being smart professionals and being playful and personal in their blog. I'm also embarrassed I wasn't aware of this project until 47 minutes ago.
Here's an excerpt from their about page to get your interest piqued:
What is Future Ready?
- It’s an attitude of being more adaptable, flexible, and confident in utilizing the skills of the information & knowledge professional.
- It’s a strategic shift toward being more effective at aligning with emerging and robust opportunities in the information industry and beyond.
- It’s a focus on preparing ourselves for emerging opportunities in the information industry through:
- Collaboration to accelerate the availability of useful information
- An adaptable skill set that anticipates and responds to the evolving marketplace
- Alignment with the language and values of the community you serve
- Building a community that connects stakeholders in mutually beneficial relationships