Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gadgets You Should Get Rid Of (or Not)

I liked what this article had to say about books and the fact that is mentioned books as a gadget:

Some spring cleaning the article suggests....
DESKTOP COMPUTER Lose it.
HIGH-SPEED INTERNET AT HOME Keep it.
CABLE TV Depends.
POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA Lose it.
CAMCORDER Lose it.
USB THUMB DRIVE Lose it.
DIGITAL MUSIC PLAYER Lose it (probably).
ALARM CLOCK Keep it.
GPS UNIT Lose it.
BOOKS Keep them (with one exception). Yes, e-readers are amazing, and yes, they will probably become a more dominant reading platform over time, but consider this about a book: It has a terrific, high-resolution display. It is pretty durable; you could get it a little wet and all would not be lost. It has tremendous battery life. It is often inexpensive enough that, if you misplaced it, you would not be too upset. You can even borrow them free at sites called libraries.

But there is one area where printed matter is going to give way to digital content: cookbooks.

1 comment:

  1. When I told my husband that I was "disappointed the new Ipad doesn't have a USB port." He called me “old fashioned.” After the yelling died down, I began to see his point. I can store anything I want in the cloud, and access it from any place. Maybe I am old fashioned for not embracing my Dropbox services more thoroughly. It might be time for me to put down the jump drive! (Don’t tell him I said so!)

    ReplyDelete